Alternate Universe Too...

Discussion in 'Purely Social' started by kelli, Apr 3, 2015.

1. MRSpivey

MRSpivey Faith, Hope, & Love...

Good morning AUvians!

2. glassgrl

glassgrl Blippertigibbit

Good morning peeps! It's freaking cold here and not even winter yet. I'm scared. lol

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind! I'm going to try the first one today, if I love it might keep both. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love This! Love This! x 1
    • List
  3. Blue1

Blue1 Blip Charm Vendor

Good morning everyone.....
    The Hawks play tonight.... I'm making pork roast for me.....
    Becca I have been saying for weeks now that this is going to be a cold wet winter......(sorry:rolleyes:)......

4. dubya

dubya Headbanging Blip

Agreed, and oops, I meant if your going to send it back. Your getting stuff in left and right, and Karen can't get nothin :(

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  5. dubya

dubya Headbanging Blip

Good morning AU. First round of fantasy football playoffs toady. I will either be dancing away, or cursing the world :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  6. glassgrl

glassgrl Blippertigibbit

I knew this when I moved back up here, yet I will still bitch and moan about it. :laugh: Your cold, wet winter is still good for all the vineyards in the Valley. :party: Silver Lake is a really good one if you happen across any.

I knew what you meant. :) Honestly I'd rather chew off my left foot than go through the return process with FT. :laugh: I got the purple unicorn puke built. lol Kind of a learning curve, yeah? I decided to start with the Insider since it was the one I had cleaned. But...it wasn't fitting in the tank. At all. So I opened the extra tank (thankfully I bought an extra) and it fit fine in there. But...the screws were cutting right through 26g kanthal. So I went out in the 22 degree weather to find the needle files in the garage. Did that, got it built, popped it in, worked great. But...guess who forgot to wash the frigging tank out? Tasted great for 2 minutes, now it tastes like Chinese plastic. Gross. Sigh. Back to the drawing board.
    And I know you're dying to know why the other tank wasn't fitting with the Insider (or any of the other RBAs for that matter) (except the one that came with it). The gosh darn black plug was stuck up in the gosh darn black tank. And I didn't see it. Who's the Derp now? :rofl:

7. dubya

dubya Headbanging Blip

Lol, I really liked the Insider when I got it right, just got it wrong more often and gave up. That's a tough mother to wick, imo.

8. glassgrl

glassgrl Blippertigibbit

Beginners luck probably. I gave it a mullet, wet the wick so it would stick in the slot, and screwed it down. Next time it won't work at all. lol

Tell me, what wire are you using in the Xeta? 26g slides right through. Do I need one of those fancy-ish thicker coils?

9. dubya

dubya Headbanging Blip

Slides right through? I have used 26, 27, and 28g with no problems. All regular, no fancy builds

10. MRSpivey

MRSpivey Faith, Hope, & Love...

It's been a long day today. Rehearsals for the Christmas Program after church today. I got home around 5:30. Heated up leftovers and now I'm going to watch some TV.

11. glassgrl

glassgrl Blippertigibbit

Slides through the side between the post wall and the screw. Then you are trapping the wire under the little screw like a normal kinda thing? Hmmm. I think YOU should post YouTube videos instead of whoever I've been watching. lol

12. glassgrl

glassgrl Blippertigibbit

That sounds like fun! Except for the long day part. Hope it's a wonderful program!

13. dubya

dubya Headbanging Blip

No videos, too much work lol :p But I do need to rebuild all of mine. I am just trapping lead under the post, with the screw up plate :confused: make sense?
    15758582801811263210708.jpg 1575858322752464016676.jpg

14. glassgrl

glassgrl Blippertigibbit

Yes, it makes perfect sense now! I'm having an extra derpy day and didn't even realize the plate was there. lol Oy vey. OK, I got this now. Thanks Dub.

15. dubya

dubya Headbanging Blip

Lol, whatever questions you may have, ask away :blush:

16. muth

muth More than a poop!

Hold up! I didn't know she was thinking of selling the other. I'll buy it if it's the 60w DNA one.

17. muth

muth More than a poop!

Well, I got my SS Cold Steel 100 from Sourcemore but no BB stuff. Since they screwed up the order I suspect It will come in last. But maybe I'll get lucky, fongers crossed.(fingers)

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic / Sympathy Optimistic / Sympathy x 1
    • List
  18. muth

muth More than a poop!

I'm excited that you have your BB. Hope you like it:)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  19. muth

muth More than a poop!

Good news, got my SS Cold Steel 100. I like the black one so much I ordered the SS. I don't usually buy two of the same mods.

Then the bad news....I discovered a water leak inside my closet. It's the same place that leaked before the roof got replaced. So, I'm going to have to call my roofers and have them check it out. At least they stand behind their work so I have something positive to look forward to. I hope...fingers crossed again.

Oh, the way I discovered it was I noticed a slight mildew smell. My big box of rayon was sitting in that corner and when I lifted it the bottom had black mildew growing on it, ew. I put it outside immediately. I use to say that box would outlive me but not anymore. I ain't making wicks from that, gross!:unsure:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  20. muth

muth More than a poop!

Does rayon come in smaller quantities?

@Shawn Hoefer I have a rayon question for you since I think you use it. Is it possible that it gets old and dries out or something? Recently, I've been having wicking issues with it. One side will blacken, sometimes near the coil, sometimes not. I checked for uneven bulk on that side but that wasn't the case. I'm back to cotton and not having issues. I hope it doesn't have anything to do with the mildew on the box that I didn't know about. See above. Argh! Either I'm going to barf at the thought or I just made myself a mold vaccination, inhalation style:eek:

• List