Alternate Universe Too...

Discussion in 'Purely Social' started by kelli, Apr 3, 2015.

1. muth

muth More than a poop!

Today was a beautiful day. Got the lawn mowed and found a full grown Praying Mantis. While I was mowing I must have disturbed it and it flew up onto a garden decoration. It was the craziest looking flight. I never saw that before, looked alien. It stayed where it landed until it had it's picture taken, then it took off.
    [​IMG]

• Love This! Love This! x 4
    • List
  2. Shawn Hoefer

Shawn Hoefer Seriously Committed

This weekend, every September, we participate in the Off the Beaten Path Studio Tour (http://www.offthebeatenpathstudiotour.com ... I designed the website, by the way). It's 2 grueling weeks of prep, 3 days of non-stop people in our homes, followed by a lot of work to restock. Almost doesn't sound worth it, but last year, this show paid for our barn, and this year, I think it was even better, but now I am exhausted.

This, and the really *&%^(*^&_&*_&($^& news, is why you haven't seen more of me as of late. Probably wont see much of me for another 2 weeks... we're shutting down the vape shop... throwing up the white flag... between the news (people only read the headlines and thinks it's gospel), a really deeply ingrained sense of apathy ("they ain't gonna do nothing, so why should I waste my time calling my senator?"), I'm seeing my once loyal customers smoking cigarettes again. Part of me is saddened by this. Part of me thinks they're gonna get what they deserve... and they don't deserve saving.

EVEN if Trump backs down and the FDA backs down and the state backs down this time, I'm sure that next week there'll be another shitstorm, and the week after that, and I'm tired of fighting. I have enough stockpiled to vape until I die.

Either there'll be a tax slapped on vaping so high it wont make a difference monetarily if you vape or smoke (so the government gets their blood money), or you'll see FDA approved vapes coming from big pharma... imagine the all new GlaxoSmithKline pod system. Now only $56465464, or $99 with your approved insurance co-pay, and only $25 per 2ml pod or $5 copay.

Quite honestly, this comes as a huge relief. I've been slacking on other projects, and letting the farm and the broom business slide to keep up the vape business. Now I can focus... Maybe...

Started a new project to fill all those empty hours (LOL). Starting to paint and do calligraphy again. So, I'll stop spending my money on vape products, and start spending it on pens and inks and paints and paper. The Wife will wish, I'm sure, that I had stuck to collecting vape gear when she sees what a top of the line fountain pen sells for :p
    20190913_182131_compress11.jpg
    20190915_141001_compress25.jpg
    I forgot my dip pen didn't have a built in spell checker :)

Think I'll emigrate to England (once the British Trump is ousted). I'd rather go to France, or Spain, but I never learned another language, so...

• Like Like x 5
    • Optimistic / Sympathy Optimistic / Sympathy x 1
    • List
  3. muth

muth More than a poop!

Thanks for checking in Shawn. I was thinking about you and wondering.........Nice work above. I've thought about Italy, myself. I, too, don't speak other languages but Italy, Spain and France are well versed in English. You'd have enoght time to adjust and learn. I also gave Scotland and Ireland a thought.

4. muth

muth More than a poop!

Goodnight everyone. Hope you have a great night with peaceful dreams ahead:)

5. Blue1

Blue1 Blip Charm Vendor

Well with a 9 ML tank I am only filling once a day......lol..... but that means I am going through 9 mls a day!!!....

6. Blue1

Blue1 Blip Charm Vendor

Wow Shawn..... well I think it's for the best.... at least for now.... and wow that's a nice hobbie to get into.... I bought a glass pen from someone on the beach....:rolleyes:

• Like Like x 4
    • Love This! Love This! x 1
    • List
  7. Blue1

Blue1 Blip Charm Vendor

Congrats on the plumbing Becca.....
    Good night everyone....

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  8. MRSpivey

MRSpivey Faith, Hope, & Love...

Good morning AUvians!

9. Blue1

Blue1 Blip Charm Vendor

Good morning everyone.... I am planning a roadtrip through Seattle today.....

10. glassgrl

glassgrl Blippertigibbit

I love Seattle. Can I come with? :)

Good morning all. Waiting around for the CO inspection for next door. 9:30am to 2pm window. Zzzzzzz. I just hope it passes and James gets rid of the house and anything to do with his ex girlfriend.

11. muth

muth More than a poop!

What's your usual quota?

12. muth

muth More than a poop!

I can't keep up with all these houses:p. Two sons owned houses next door to each other?:confused:Then you moved in one of them? And another son moved into your house down south? It's like the Bermuda Triangle.

13. muth

muth More than a poop!

Another nice day and I got a 3 ft Corn Plant re-potted. It's on the patio getting some fresh air:). I have two more plants to go, a Spider plant and a big Peace Lily. I'm hoping to find someone who wants the Peace Lily because they're toxic to cats. It's also because I need to thin out the indoor forest I've been growing all these years. You know how it is......people visit you and see that you have a lot of plants so the next time they buy you a birthday present they say, "I see that you love plants so I got you this beautiful Geranium." It's the coffee mug dilemma but with living things you have to care for....sigh!:( Someone should start a plant shelter.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  14. glassgrl

glassgrl Blippertigibbit

Yes, you got it! Except the one down south was already living there, just now he has to pay rent. :)

The inspection went well, very minor things. Smoke detectors have to be sealed (not changeable) lithium batteries now so they all have to be changed, 3 with combo CO2. Anti-tip device on stove, bigger extinguisher, and WD40 for sticky windows. Boom. Done. Whew! We were sweating the electric.

I'd take it for Aunt Bobbie if you lived closer, she loves that stuff. Total green thumb. I have a black thumb for house plants.

15. Lisa66

Lisa66 Read my blips

I love your calligraphy! I have a friend who used to do it years ago and recently took it up again. My mom used to dabble in it. It's beautiful!

I recommend Barcelona. You can get by on English or limited Spanish. Forget the Catalan.

Regarding the British Trump: I texted a friend in the UK the other day because I was watching a recent House of Commons session where Boris was present (but walked out of half-way through). Quoted from my text: Trump = Johnson with 40 fewer IQ points, complete lack of morals, sociopath diagnosis and cheap self-tanner".

The worst gift to receive is one that requires work or any other action on your part, unless you specifically asked or hinted for it. I had extensive gardens at my previous house (cottage-style in back, more formal in front) and have been gardening all my life. It used to drive me crazy when someone would come over for dinner and bring me mums, which only look good for about two weeks and then mostly rot in the midwest. I laugh at all the mums in the garden centers here in Florida now. Not only do they look weird in Florida, they can't withstand the heat and humidity.

16. Blue1

Blue1 Blip Charm Vendor

Well you wouldn't have enjoyed this trip..... all we got to see was the inside of the VA..... it took longer than expected so by the time we were done it was time to get out of there before rush hour....(and we didn't miss it..)

• Optimistic / Sympathy Optimistic / Sympathy x 3
    • List
  17. Blue1

Blue1 Blip Charm Vendor

with the Mesh Pro I think it was 5-8 mls/day....

Good night everyone...

18. muth

muth More than a poop!

If I still have this plant for another year I'll make a special trip to NY and hand it to Aunt Bobbie personally.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love This! Love This! x 1
    • List
  19. muth

muth More than a poop!

Yea, mesh is a juice hog too unfortunately.

20. MRSpivey

MRSpivey Faith, Hope, & Love...

Good morning AUvians!