1. Giveaway Contests Page!!!

Enter to Win FREE STUFF! Contests, contests, contests!!!

Alternate Universe Too...

Discussion in 'Purely Social' started by kelli, Apr 3, 2015.

1. ghost62

ghost62 Goes Blip In The Night Staff Member Moderator Vendor Safe Zone Moderator

I'm sad. :(
    But hopeful.
    Let us know and, in the meantime, I'll keep prayin'.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  2. dubya

dubya Headbanging Blip

I'm telling ya, I think I own about 20 tube mech's. I have come to the conclusion I only need one. The Redemption. Everyone's opinions are different, but for me..... Hybrid thread, check. Perfect switch without battery adjustment, check. Aesthetic's, check. Absolutely love the looks of any 24mm atty on it, check. No need for locking switch ring, check. I just can't get enough of this bad boy :)
    15579282313461844577360.jpg

• Love This! Love This! x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  3. dubya

dubya Headbanging Blip

With that, I'm gonna go drip, mow, blow, weed eat, and go to bed :rolleyes: G'night all.

4. glassgrl

glassgrl Blippertigibbit

That's not too early. I think 7am is too early but my soon-to-be-former neighbors are jerks.

Nah, don't feel sad. I'll get it when I have a chance. :) I've got the apple RKT in there right now and it's pretty damn good, even with that wtf is it? coil. lol

5. Shawn Hoefer

Shawn Hoefer Seriously Committed

I feel much the same way about my Admirals...

6. Shawn Hoefer

My neighbors came banging on my door at 2:30 in the morning. Can you believe it? Two frickin thirty ay em!! Good thing I was up playing the drums or I'd have slept right through their knocking.

7. dubya

dubya Headbanging Blip

What the hell did they want??? Cup of warm goat cheese????

8. dubya

dubya Headbanging Blip

Hmm, gimme the specs. I have definitely found I love the recessed switch, with spring loaded piece for battery rattle. I really like the Negusus, but the screwing and unscrewing...... Like the Rouge, but button sits out, love the vcm, but have to keep adjusting for atty's.....,

9. dubya

dubya Headbanging Blip

Lol, I didn't even try those. Just been putting in my standard 28/27 g kanthol, 1 ohm ish

10. Shawn Hoefer

Nah. You wouldn't like. 25mm, non-hybrid, requires battery adjustment, BUT the switch is a clutch system that works so VERY well!

11. muth

muth More than a poop!

Knowing your years of experience, that's what it probably is, lol. Can't tell you how many blunders I've had with everything and anything when I'm rushing around with a distracted brain.

12. MRSpivey

MRSpivey Faith, Hope, & Love...

RIP furbaby Roxy...

• Optimistic / Sympathy Optimistic / Sympathy x 7
    • List
  13. glassgrl

glassgrl Blippertigibbit

Mark, I'm so sorry you lost her. :(

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  14. Shawn Hoefer

Sorry for your loss Mark. You have my sympathies...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  15. Shawn Hoefer

I'm sitting here, exhausted, but feeling kinda smug.

My chair that I sit in when making brooms is ancient and every time I sit down, I'm afraid it'll collapse. I've glued it and screwed it and wrapped it... it was time for a new one. I went to the local junktique and found a ladder back chair with a rather shredded rush seat. Gave $9 for it. Took it to the park's chair maker, and he quoted me about $90 to repair. Ha!

I took the chair back to the broom shop and rummaged about in my cupboards until I found a spool of 1" rattan basket Reed. Cut the old rush seat out and proceeded to make this:
    20190515_170729_compress46.jpg
    In fairness, I had done this before, but it has been about 8 years. Took me less than 2 hours... and that includes ripping it out once (made a whoopsie).

The red is less than $10 per roll. 2 hours + $10? He was trying to charge me $40 per hour. Ha!
    20190515_170741_compress57.jpg

• Love This! Love This! x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  16. MRSpivey

Tonight is pizza, chips, and alcoholic beverages. Proper comfort food.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Love This! Love This! x 1
    • List
  17. ghost62

ghost62 Goes Blip In The Night Staff Member Moderator Vendor Safe Zone Moderator

Oh no.
    I'm so sorry.

18. MRSpivey

Honestly @ghost62, it's for the best. The poor girl was failing fast and the Vet agreed that it was the most humane thing to do at this point. She was a great girl and lived a full life.

19. ghost62

I feel for you. Truly.
    Still, I'm glad that you did what was best for her. I've known too many people that have hung on too long for selfish reasons.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  20. ghost62

How is it that an eight year old can't hear you when you tell them it's time to come in but can hear the ice cream truck 5 miles away?

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List