Alternate Universe Too...

Discussion in 'Purely Social' started by kelli, Apr 3, 2015.

1. Lisa66

Lisa66 Read my blips

Hey, guys. Thanks for thinking of me. I'm west of Tampa - but I'm in TN right now. My hubs said there was storm surge of 2-4', with very little rain or wind, so not as big of a deal there at all. He sent a photo from the beach and there was no sand to be seen and streets are flooded. Our house was not affected in any way. Not sure what is happening up north.

2. muth

muth More than a poop!

Thx for responding and happy that you and your's are okay:love:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  3. muth

muth More than a poop!

Hey, I have those same sandals, on the left!

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. Blue1

Blue1 Blip Charm Vendor

It's been so quiet here lately.....
    Still no new glasses..... maybe tomorrow........
    Good night everyone........

5. MRSpivey

MRSpivey Faith, Hope, & Love...

Good morning AUvians!

6. Blue1

Blue1 Blip Charm Vendor

Good morning everyone.....

7. muth

muth More than a poop!

@dubya not exactly the pic I wanted to show you. Haven't decided on a build, yet. Most of the ribbon (flat wire) that's available to us is much thinner than this. This has 0.2 mm thickness (1.5mm x 0.2mm).
    [​IMG]

8. dubya

dubya Headbanging Blip

I get the jist from that. Im excited to hear what you come up with :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. muth

muth More than a poop!

Nothing fancy. That's the idea. You get a thin coil with lots of surface cover that fires and cools fast. Easy to clean and flavorful. Probably going to try 4 wraps first.

10. Blue1

Blue1 Blip Charm Vendor

I see that I will have more "me" time coming.... I got help for my second client and she should be starting next week..... so I will have more afternoon's off.... more spa time for sure.... things are also moving with my lawyer so I think things will be changing all the way around....but still not new glasses.....
    Good night everyone....

11. MRSpivey

Good morning AUvians!

12. Blue1

Blue1 Blip Charm Vendor

Good morning everyone............. TGIF!!!!>.. I get a short day so not going in till 11 ish.....
    Make it a good one!!!

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
    • List
  13. muth

muth More than a poop!

You have lawyers?:shock:Who you going after?:laugh:

14. muth

muth More than a poop!

Has anyone ever wondered about those tags on our mattresses, pillows, comforters, that say "Under Penalty of Law" this tag is not to be removed (except by consumer)? Yeah, funny how I never noticed the consumer part. I finally found out and it's not pretty. I won't get into it unless someone wants to know or everyone might already know. But I'll be happy to explain:)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  15. glassgrl

glassgrl Blippertigibbit

Not sure I want to know, but now I *have* to know. lol It's bugs isn't it. It's always bugs.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  16. muth

muth More than a poop!

In the early 1900s there were no industry regulations on these products. Floor sweepings, rodent hairs, dirty rags from hospitals, dirty rags from anywhere, etc. were stuffed into mattresses. The responsible manufacturers were being undercut by these cheap mattress makers so the industry itself came up with the idea of the tags that also listed the materials used. It was a crime for a manufacturer to remove them but the consumer was always free to cut them off once they purchased them.

So, yeah, I suppose there were a few "bugs" in there. As a consequence, people were getting sick and the tag story became headlines in all the papers.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  17. glassgrl

glassgrl Blippertigibbit

That's interesting! Also not what I was thinking. Have you ever read Upton Sinclair's The Jungle?
    https://www.britannica.com/topic/The-Jungle-novel-by-Sinclair

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  18. Blue1

Blue1 Blip Charm Vendor

Got home awhile ago..... with my new glasses.... so far they are more comfortable and seem to be filling in the gap area that I was having difficulty with the other ones.... I need to wait till dark and see if the glare has improved.....

19. MRSpivey

Guess I'm heading to the bed... Good night y'all.

20. Shawn Hoefer

Shawn Hoefer Seriously Committed

Peek-a-boo

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Love This! Love This! x 1
    • List