Aeronaut RDA - A Scientific RDA?

Discussion in 'Rebuildable Drippers aka RDA's' started by muth, May 30, 2016.

1. muth

muth More than a poop!

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. fq06

fq06 Active Member

This is a super old thread but I'm going to pick up a clone from ecigitty before I drop $65 on an authentic that I'm not sure I'd be into.

The one downside to it is it didn't seem to get much attention so the option tubes can't be found in the US and I think I'd want to restrict the top tube a little more than the one that comes with it. From what I hear in stock configuration it has massive air flow.
    Maybe I could get a machinist buddy to make one up for me if I do end up liking it.

FT has them for $10 but the wire capture system is just a simple screw that doesn't look like it would take much more than a simple clapton and it lools like it is begging for a big sexy coil.
    The FT one does come with a 510 DT though...

3. muth

muth More than a poop!

Eh, I forgot all about this one. Good to hear FT has them. I don't pay $65 for attys either, just curious.

4. fq06

fq06 Active Member

Honestly the clone doesn't look like it's much lower quality at all and the tubes are supposed to be cross compatible. The whole thing is supposed to be 1:1.

The one thing that I have reservations about is the 1 piece cap/DT. If that gets hot I'm gonna be pissed I spent $25 on it but I haven't heard that it does in any of the reviews.

5. fq06

fq06 Active Member

Tons of real estate in there for a big chunky single coil though

IMG_5674__35075.1464149223.1280.1280.png

Last edited: Aug 29, 2016
  6. muth

muth More than a poop!

Ooh, I might have to revisit this, then. You have the link?

7. fq06

fq06 Active Member

8. fq06

fq06 Active Member

9. fq06

fq06 Active Member

Ooooo... it comes with blank tubes. I can get him to machine a small slot in one, that wouldn't take him but a minute...

10. fq06

fq06 Active Member

Ok, so I went the cheap $10 route since it's such an unorthodox atty.

FT version with the button top screws instead of the plate to capture the wire is not allowing a big sexy coil, single wire clapton would work and will be the next build that goes in but I have been on a ss430 kick so...
    Tripple twisted 28g coming in at 0.43 ohms.

I started with a dotmod friction tip and the clouds are competition worthy, flavor is terrific.
    Not in the mood for a concert level fog show in the living room right now so I popped an old school 510 in and the draw is a very nice DL with a little resistance to it. Can't say flavor improved a ton but there was already a ton of flavor with the fog show so no complaints.

I hear this FT cap does not line up with and work with the authentic or 1:1 tobeco which is unfortunate because I'm not sure I would want to run the fixed chuff cap at all times and you can't get the option tube kit to choke off the airflow so you have a competition atty and that's it. Modding the tobeco's blank tubenis an option I guess.

More research will be done and if the tube kit comes back in stock in the US I may pick up the tobeco... until then I am very happy with the $10 FT aeronaut ;)

20160910_140749.jpg
    20160910_140503.jpg

11. fq06

fq06 Active Member

Still loving this thing!
    Settled on using the dotmod baby friction dt and spaced 26*2/30 ss fused clapton wire TC build.

Tons of flavor and vapor from a single coil

20161028_212926.jpg 20161028_213049.jpg